cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Job fails with error V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred in Backup Exec 2010 R3

ETrosclair
Level 4

I currently have a server backup job that is set to run every evening that backs up the entire VM. The main job runs without issue every evening but for some reason, the duplicate job will fail at different intervals with the following error.

V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.

I have uninstalled the Remote Agent and reinstalled and it seemed to help it for a couple of days and then this error decided to pop up once again. This server has been recently restored to a previous date because it had crashed but I would think that reinstalling the Remote Agent would fix any issue concerning that. Any suggestions anyone may have towards fixing this issue? I have also attached the Job Log for further review.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ETrosclair
Level 4

Thanks for the TechNote. I'll try the steps listed if my latest attempt is unsuccessful.

After posting to the forum, I went ahead and did another uninstall along with deleting all shades of the Remote Agent. I then did a local install instead of a push install and so far so good. I'll update how things are going after a few days.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

As per the job logs:

Duplicate Server IP

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89736

ETrosclair
Level 4

Thanks for the TechNote. I'll try the steps listed if my latest attempt is unsuccessful.

After posting to the forum, I went ahead and did another uninstall along with deleting all shades of the Remote Agent. I then did a local install instead of a push install and so far so good. I'll update how things are going after a few days.

ETrosclair
Level 4

So far so good so maybe a complete cleanup of the Remote Agent is what it needed. Thanks for your input nonetheless.