cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate e-mail notification, Getting the same notification twice for a single job

Trinee_BE
Level 4

I use 2012, getting the same e-mail notification twice for a single job.  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

What type of notifications do you receive?

You can go ahead and disable the notifications if required.. 

(I'm guessing) If you're refering to "General Notifications" something which says:

(Server: "") Backup Exec found 5 servers without an Agent for Windows installed. To back up the servers, you must add them to the list of servers on the Backup and Restore tab......

This is bacause by default, the data discovery operation runs at noon every day. It also runs each time the Backup Exec services are restarted. Backup Exec cancels the operation if it is still running after four hours. You can disable the operation in the global Backup Exec settings.

1. Click the Backup Exec button, select Configuration and Settings, and then click Backup Exec Settings.

2. In the left pane, select Discover Data to Back Up.

3. Uncheck Discover servers that have data that has not been backed up

If it's a different notification you're referring to, please specify so we can help... 

You can click on the Backup Exec button - Confirurations and Settings - Alerts and Notificastions - Alerts Categories.

This will display a list of Alerts types available, locate the type of alert thats bothering you to see if it can be either Auto-Responded or Disabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

What type of notifications do you receive?

You can go ahead and disable the notifications if required.. 

(I'm guessing) If you're refering to "General Notifications" something which says:

(Server: "") Backup Exec found 5 servers without an Agent for Windows installed. To back up the servers, you must add them to the list of servers on the Backup and Restore tab......

This is bacause by default, the data discovery operation runs at noon every day. It also runs each time the Backup Exec services are restarted. Backup Exec cancels the operation if it is still running after four hours. You can disable the operation in the global Backup Exec settings.

1. Click the Backup Exec button, select Configuration and Settings, and then click Backup Exec Settings.

2. In the left pane, select Discover Data to Back Up.

3. Uncheck Discover servers that have data that has not been backed up

If it's a different notification you're referring to, please specify so we can help... 

You can click on the Backup Exec button - Confirurations and Settings - Alerts and Notificastions - Alerts Categories.

This will display a list of Alerts types available, locate the type of alert thats bothering you to see if it can be either Auto-Responded or Disabled.

Trinee_BE
Level 4

Thank you for your speedy reply! The notification that I receive is the general e-mail notification as soon as a job completes. Usually I enable e-mail notification when I schedule a job. I followed your suggestion still getting twice.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Can you specify what the notification say?

a screenshot would help too..