cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR:unable to obtain completed job operation details for this session

L__Quarton
Level 4
I have about 30 9.0 servers running on Netware 5 and on certain ones after every prescheduled holiday 'skip' the backup job throws the following error at the end of job:
"Unable to obtain completed job operation details for this session".
If the Active Job Monitor is up, this error appears just for a few seconds before the job completes and the final status comes up.
Also, the elapsed time and byte count are both zero for the entry.

I have found no other way to 'fix' this than to delete the backup job and recreate it.
Anyone else?
7 REPLIES 7

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response. Please let us know if your issue / problem is resolved so that we can archive this post. However, if the issues still persist then refer to the steps mentioned below:

We would like to know whether you have remote agent installed on the 30 netware servers or you have Backup Exec for Netware of these 30 servers. Please update us on the same.

Please update us on the issue so that If the issue still persists we can troubleshoot the issue further.

If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be presumed to be answered and will be marked as assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

L__Quarton
Level 4
These servers back up locally using B.E. for Netware - they are not using Remote Agents. Again, this only happens on a few servers but I've found no difference in the configs to explain that.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
What settings do you have configured in the "Delay Option"
of Holiday Schedule?
There are two options:
1] Reschedule for the next execution.
2] Postpone until after the holiday.
You could select the option "Postpone until after the holiday"
then Backup Exec will reschedule the job to run when the holiday ends.

(Set the option in Holiday.dat file 1 to have the job postponed until the
holiday is over.)

Hope that helps.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered"and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.

L__Quarton
Level 4
The problem with the option you advised is that at 00:01 in the middle of the night after the holiday, the backup job will try to run. There is no personnel onsite at my remote locations to rotate tapes. The backup needs to run AT ITS REGULAR TIME on the first business day after the holiday 'skip'.

L__Quarton
Level 4
The problem with the option you advised is that at 00:01 in the middle of the night after the holiday, the backup job will try to run. There is no personnel onsite at my remote locations to rotate tapes. The backup needs to run AT ITS REGULAR TIME on the first business day after the holiday 'skip'.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hi,

Please let us know if there is anything you have changed since the last time you posted the reply?

Does the problem still persist? Please update us on this issue!

Thanks!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.