cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eject Removable Backup Drive??

Dave_B_
Level 3
Hello,

We are currently using multiple hard-drives (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc) for our backups.  We have a "Removable Backup to Disk" folder created.  

I am wondering if it is possible to have the job fail, or eject the Hard-drive from the system if the Hard-Drive is not swapped out for the next day's hard-drive (example: Monday's drive is left in for Tuesday's backup)?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Backup Exec wont be eject the Drive like a Tape Media from the Drive as its connected via USB. We need to manually swap the USB drive in our case.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If you have different B2D devices defined on each physical disk, and if you point each night's job at a separate device, then the job will pause until you physically swap the drives

If you have defined one device and all your drives and jobs share it, All I can think of woule be to schedule a BEMCMD job that pauses the device to run after the nightly job has completed 

Dave_B_
Level 3
Thank you both for replying.

We currently have an individual in charge of swapping the drives daily, but they have been kind of lax in there duties.  Sometimes a week will go by and come to find out they didn't swap the drive at all.  

Ken: I will look into the creation of a BEMCMD job, or creating different B2D devices.