cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification problems

Joe_Callus
Level 3

I have configured the email notification properties correctly and have added valid recipients’.

However, emails are not sent, and when using the Test Feature BU/Exec replies "A Test Notification Has Been Queued For Delivery To The Selected Recipients", but nothing is sent of received.

I know that email settings are correct because other programs, Aconis True Image, can send automated emails successfully. Acronis doesn’t use the Authentication Feature, however I have configured BU/Exec with and without Authentication without success.

Using SMTP port 587 and have also test Port 25 without success.

Have searched knowledge base without success.

Please advise.

Version 11.00 REV 7170

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

txtech1997
Level 4
Are you using McAfee as your anti-virus software?

Joe_Callus
Level 3
Yes, I am
I am using 8.5i with Anti Spyware module.

I have looked at Document ID: 277305, but that seems to be for an older version on VirusScan. I also have Prevent Mass Email Programs from running turned off.

In attition I have a .txt file created in the Symantec Backup exec program Files directory for each email address that was to recive the notification with the contects of the email.

It also contains an error message, here is an example.
----------------------------------------
Time Logged: Sun Apr 27 23:09:28 2008
Reason Logged: Send Failed

Do you have any inisght ?

joe...

txtech1997
Level 4
No I don't.  I noticed that we had the same issue for awhile and it was because McAfee was blocking beserver.exe from sending out emails.  We added beserver.exe to the exclusion list and no more problems.

George_Kenny
Level 3
Same issue, McAfee has been disabled altogether but still no notification arrives.