cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications and DLO Administration Service won't work are they related?

Sirius_Systems
Level 3
Running BackupExec 12 (1364)
  • On 2-26 I disabled some SMTP connectors on our Exchange server to test a new Smarthost and Filter service. 
  • This change stopped the successful sending of Email Notifications. 
  • I reenabled the SMTP connectors, but  still no email. 
  • I installed some update patches on 2-28: BEWS 12.0.1364 SERVICE PACK 4 (X64); HOTFIX 331635; HOTFIX 336718; HOTFIX 334733; HOTFIX 329072; HOTFIX 329863; HOTFIX 329505
  • Still No email
  • I installed more patches on 3-1: HOTFIX 336046 (X64)
  • Still No email
  • I installed SP4 on 3-7
Since installing the first set of patches I realized that the DLO Administration Service Starts and Stops immediately.  Would this be related to the failure of email notifications.  When TESTing email the Warning is returned:  "A Test Notification has been queued for delivery to the recipient."

Shouldn't the message just send and not be queued?
2 REPLIES 2

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi Sirius,
check if anti-virus is not blocking SMTP trafic.
What  errors Event Viewer has?
Did you reboot the server?
Regads,

JoaoMatos

Sirius_Systems
Level 3
Don't have any AV that could be blocking.  I also just tried using an external SMTP server and when testing email notification I get "A test notification has been queued to the selected recipient."  Shouldn't this just sent.  I don't think this has anything to do with the DLO Administration service since i don't really use it in this deployment which is probably why it won't start.  However it's odd that the BackupExec Console always shows that services aren't running because this seemingly unused service isn't.

Wait, a test recipient outside the system DID get the message.  I'm not getting them still.  I'll recreate a recipient with my email address and see what happens.

I'll go ahead and attach the diagnostic test I just ran in case anyone wants to check it out.