cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: 0x 223 (547)

adrian_marsh_2
Level 3
A couple of weeks ago, I setup a report job for Media Usage. Last night it tried to run, but instead failed, giving me the message:

"The job failed with the following error: Report function is not licensed for this server."

So I thought - fair enough, not something I can do, but when I try to delete the Job (right click -> delete), I get a small pop-up window with a title of "Backup Exec Error", and just a message that says "0x 223 (547)".

I've also tried setting the job to "remove when completed", and re-run the job, but its still there.

So 3 questions:

1) - What does this mean ?
2) - How else can I delete the job?
3) - How do I know which features are/arn't supported. (I'm pretty sure that it all worked a couple of weeks ago).

Adrian
12 REPLIES 12

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Adrian,

We would like to know:
- Do you have this Problem only with a Report Job?
- Instead of creating a Report Job, do creating reports work fine?
- Could you give us the exact full error message?
- Do you see and Events in the event logs?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Robert_Howe
Level 2
Dear All,

I have exactly the same problem. Have any answers been suggested?

Best regards,

Robert Howe.

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Adrian,

Could you please update us on the below issue?

I suggest you to refer to the following technote.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279679.htm

Thanks

Hi Robert,

I request you to open a new post and explain us about your problem in detail because the environment could be different from Mr. Marsh.

Thanks

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Message was edited by:
Shraddha DhavaleMessage was edited by:
Shraddha Dhavale

adrian_marsh_2
Level 3
Hi,

I'll gather the details requested an report back... Might take me a day or two as I only work in that office once a week or so.

Adrian

adrian_marsh_2
Level 3
Ok, Heres some answers:

When I use "Run Now" for the report, from Reports, it doesn't complain, but neither do I see the report, or see it appear in the job history or Job Monitor

When I get the pop-up - thats it, just the number, theres no other text.

Theres nothing in any of the Event logs.

I took a look at 279679, but this states that it occurs after some time. The server was rebooted only 8 hours ago, but still fails.

This is using v10.1, rev 5629. I've not applied any hotfixes yet, as I've not seen anything in the hotfix docs that say they would be needed (I'm also unsure as to what order to apply them, or if they are cumulative).

adrian_marsh_2
Level 3
Hi Shraddha,

Is there anything more I can add to help on this ?

adrian_marsh_2
Level 3
???

adrian_marsh_2
Level 3
Well - I've heard nothing more on this. I'll try installing the latest patch bundle to see if that helps, and report back either way.

Steve_TYiybg
Level 4
its fixed in HOTFIX 14

Apply Backup Exec 10.1 SP1

Owen_Iverson
Level 3
Tired of non-helpful tech support? I have yet to gain any helpful/useful information from the Symantec/Veritas techs. They want to move as many topics to the "answered" section as possible. The "two-day, automatically assumed answered" policy is absurd, in my opinion.

For these reasons, I have started a new backup exec group at google.

If you're interested, please check it out, and spread the word if you like it.

http://groups.google.com/group/backupexec

Since it's new, I need you guys to start the ball rolling by posting some questions. :)

Owen

adrian_marsh_2
Level 3
OK.... I added SP1 to the system, but when I try to remove the Media Usage Report, I still get this this weird pop up message.

So still not solved then..

adrian_marsh_2
Level 3
Correction - I'd put the job on hold. "Unholding it" then enabled me to delete the job.