cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1606

Gayla_Garman_2
Not applicable
I am trying to uninstall Backup Exec 9.1 so I can update to 10.0. When I try to uninstall the old version I get the following error.

Erro 1606 Could not access network location ECM.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Gayla
4 REPLIES 4

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

-First of all, One need not uninstall the BEWS 9.1 version before installing the 10.0. You can just run the setup of 10.0 on top of 9.1 and the whole installation will be upgraded to 10.0 Build.

-Incase you want to remove the BEWS 9.1 and then install 10.0 then go to add/remove program and click change and see if you are able to get the wizard to remove the software.

-Can also try the following:
From Go to --Run--Cmd--
msiexec /unregister
msiexec /regserver
Try to remove the software again.

- Is there Exec View installed on the same server?

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

todd_mccullough
Not applicable
Didn't really answer the question did it? Of course he knows to go to Add/Remove programs, that's where he's getting the error. I'm in a situation where I want to do a clean install of version 10 as 9.1 is giving me a lot of problems, so there are reasons not to upgrade over the top......you don't want to inherit the 9.1 issues (hopefully). Anybody want to attempt the answer again on the error? I need it resolved as well.

Steve_Dunn
Not applicable
I get the same error message trying to uninstall 9.0SP1 to upgrade to 9.1 on Windows 2000 Server.

We tried an in-place upgrade, but it refuses to do it, claiming that we don't have enough disk space. Which would be true if the old version and new version needed to coexist, but since most of the space required by the new version should come from space currently taken up by the old version, the in-place upgrade really would work if it didn't refuse to install due to the disk space.

I don't mind having to uninstall the old one and reinstall the new one on the D: drive (which has much more space free) but the uninstall fails with this error message if I try to remove it from Add/Remove Programs. If instead I try to change it from Add/Remove Programs and then choose to remove it from within the installer, I get a much more amusing error dialog, the contents of which are:

1: 2755 2: 3 3:

PaulD_Rus
Level 4
How to Manually Uninstall Veritas Backup Exec 9.x
http://itmanager.blogs.com/notes/2005/04/how_to_manually.html