cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1920.Service appmgr failed to start

Mazlan_Remely
Level 2
Can someone help me...? When I try to repair my Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 application , when it try to start the service it popup this error:

Error 1920.Service appmgr failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.)

What cause the problem?? because I wanted to repair my Backup Exec applications.. the same errors goes when I try to update my service pack 2.

Appreciate if someone can help me...

Thanks... Cheers…!!
3 REPLIES 3

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Service appmgr is the Remote Server Manager service - check to see it is started - if not try and start it - if it can't be started, you will need to fix this up.
Easiest way is to uninstall and install it again via Add/Remove Programs - Windows Components.

In 2003 it is under Application Servers/IIS/WWW service and it is called Remote Administration (HTML)

In 2000, I think you had to install the SAK 2 to have this service.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

This problem may arrise if Backup Exec Web Administration Console (BEWAC) is not being installed properly.

If this option has been selected for installation, I would suggest you to uncheck it and let the installation run.

Observe the result and let me know what happens.

Thanks.

Mazlan_Remely
Level 2
Dear friend,

The previous problem have been solve thanks for that... but i got a new error with my web admin console which at the front web page admin it does not show backup Tab button but it show numbering tab example before this it show BACKUP and now it show numbers 4C0001F4. For your information this Tab button are the same line with welcome,status,sites....etc.... the blue tab button...

Same error show within the backup page with all the icon show in numbering..

What actually happened.. how to resolve this error.....

Thanks a lot guys..
appreciate it..