cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: a0000848c Unable to attach to one of the drives

Shiu_Fung_Cheun
Level 4
Hello. I am tried to restore a SQL database from other server. Let say the ogrinal SQL server called \\server01. Then, I tried to restore it to \\server02. As I follow the document Vertias Document, in SQL redirection, here is the information I field:

Restore to server: server02
Server account: System logon account
SQL Logon account:
Restore to named instance(SQL 2000):
Restore to Database:

Also, in restore option, I set the SQL "restore all database files to the target instance data location". But I still can not the database to server02. The error said: Error Code: a0000848c Unable to attach to one of the drives. Anyone can give me a helping hand on it? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please check the logon account being used in the restore job and verify that it has domain admin rights.
-Ensure that the destination folder mentioned in the restore job exists on the target server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Shiu_Fung_Cheun
Level 4
Thank you for your reply. But I have checked that I can sure that the Logon account that I use is Local admin of the computer and Database admin of the MSSQL. Therefore, I don't know what should I do next. Thanks.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the technote given below.

(title) Unable to attach to one of the drives" (a000848c HEX or e000848c HEX) is reported when a job fails
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.