cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No media rotation sets exist

Anders_Lund
Level 3
Hi

I'm setting up a Backup Server, but have run in to a problem, which I can't find a solution for. I have created a backup-to-disk media and created some media sets and now I want to run the Media Rotation Wizard to setup a backup job.

The wizard works fine, until I select a "Method" (Express/Typical/Custom) and press next. I receive a dialog which says:

Error: No media rotation sets exist. This problem needs to be corrected before continuing.

How do I create a media rotation set?
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_Lund
Level 3
I found the problem.. I had manually created the 4 media sets "Rotation - Differential / Full / Incremental / Working set", because that's the way it is on my old Backup server.

When I deleted these and ran the wizard again, the wizard automatically created these sets.

I got the idea, when reading this article:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231464.htm
Quote:
"This can not be altered, only jobs created using the Media Rotation Wizard can use media sets created using the Media Rotation Wizard, and manually created jobs can only use manually created media sets."

I think this is a small bug in Backup Exec - it should have responded to me that the media sets allready existed and therefore could not continue and not just "no media rotation sets exist".

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that you were successful in resolving the issue regarding "Error: No media rotation sets exist " as said in your post sent on April 21st.

If you have any other questions regarding this,do not hesitate to revert.

Regards.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.