cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error's while restoring

UofAfm
Level 2
I have just installed a second tape backup system at a remote site for Disaster recovery.  We Installed backup exec 12.5 and everything is backing up and restoring just fine.  Our problem is when we try to restore from a tape backed up from our other 12.5 system.  We get the following error messges:

V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine...
V-79-57344-33898 - The resource could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Final error: 0xe000846a - The resource could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

The remote agent is the corrrect version, everything has been updated to the most current versions.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions to correct this problem?
4 REPLIES 4

Lively
Level 5
Are you able to try and push the agent from the media server to the machine you are trying to restore to?  That would atleast confirm that the agent is registered to that media server and they can communicate.

UofAfm
Level 2
I am able to run backups from the same server and restore those backups.  I just can't restore to the server if the backup was created on a different tape drive.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
what are you try to restore ? Checked if there is any event logged in the event viewer for the remote server and make sure the service is running as well

UofAfm
Level 2

I wiped out and re-pushed out the agent, with no problems.

I am just trying to restore an html file.  I am just trying to test restoring from my disaster recovery location.  I have tried other files, but get the same results.