cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after a power loss..

yuppicide
Level 3
Not sure what to do here. We have Backup Exec 11d on Windows 2003 SBS.

I had a UPS that said replace battery. After taking a look at the manual it says to run a test on it.. if the light goes out and doesn't come back on then everything is fine.

Well, I mistakenly pressed the power button.. cutting off power to the server!

I turned it back on and everything works fine except backup.

I am using a Dell Power Vault.

The last two nights backupo failed immediately.

If I try to run an Inventory it says "e0008115 - Physical Volume Library Drive or Robot paused, offline, or disabled."

If I try to eject from the software it says "e000810b - Physical Volume Library Drive not found."

Looking at the properties of the backup it says "e000810c - Physical Volume Library Drive not available. For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33036."
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Shutdown the server and the device, 1st switch ON your device let it get initialized(LED's should be stable) then switch ON your server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Hello

You will get the above error message if your device is offline. In the BE console check if the device is online.

If the device is offline open  Windows device manager and check if the device is reflecting there.

If the device is not reflecting there then BE will not be able to detect it. Perform a powercycle to fix the issue.

Colin_Weaver

I agree with Amol Zero Coll's answer - just to add a bit though make sure if / when you power cycle that you power off the server and then powercycle the library and wait for the library to fully initialize before powering the server back on

yuppicide
Level 3

Before I posted this message I had went into Devices and it was offline. I right clicked and set to online.

I should leave the tape drive on while I reboot the server?

AmolB
Shutdown the server and the device, 1st switch ON your device let it get initialized(LED's should be stable) then switch ON your server.

yuppicide
Level 3
Thanks so much, powering on the tape drive first and waiting, then the server did the trick.