cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation version is installed but won't run

Level 2
Hi,

I've installed the BE10 Eval version. When I click on the desktop icon the initial screen appears with the version info in the foreground and then it just goes away and nothing else happens.

The server O/S is Windows 2000 Advanced Server, running Exchange 2000. The environment check program ran fine, it updated the MDAC, I rebooted, completed the install without any problems.

There is no tape drive connected to this machine. I only want to do backup to disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Charles
8 REPLIES 8

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are all of the BackupExec services running?

Level 2
Yes, all the BE Services are running.

Kevin_Burd
Level 4
Go into your task manager and verify no beexec.exe instances. If so, kill them all and try again.

Level 2
I looked and there were no instances of that process running.

I have now noticed that each time I try to run BE10, the application log shows a Dr Watson error, event id 4097.

I suspect this is the culprit, I just don't know how to resolve it.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Take a look at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238814.htm

Not applicable
I downloaded & installed BE10 a couple of days ago to a W2K AS machine (SP3), and I get very similar symptoms to this - is there a fix ? (- or am I just missing something)

Thanks

Rich

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

Do you get any error message?

Please go trhough the following document, and try Installing the MDAC version 2.8 manully:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/243346.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------------
you can also run the component check utility from Microsoft and see if there are any dissimilarities between the version of MDAC that you have installed. If there are. We suggest you to reapply tha MDAC.

===============================================
Let us know if that helped.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.