cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exch Agent Crash on Win Srv 2008 R2 Std

untony
Level 2

Hi all,

i'm experiencing a strange error on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit System with Exchange 2010 if i try restore single Mails.

Media Server: Win Server 2008 R2 Standard 64 Bit
Backup Exec 2010, all Updates/Hotfixes applied suggested by LiveUpdate
Exchange Option

i also installed the Exchange Management Tools on the Media Server.

Backup Jobs all successful (set up with grt enabled)  i can browse and select a single mail.
Backup Exec User is in the AD-Groups.

When i try restore the Agent on the Exchange Server Crashes.

-debug option of agent service shows me:

End of List
FS_BlowOutMachine: returning 0
sis temp path=C:\Windows\TEMP
calling CreateRemMAPIPRov
using Rem Provider for Restore

finish... no error in the log at the end the agent crashes

system log says bexec service crash
appl log shows .NET Runtime Error + BEDGB Creation of a beremote.exe.dmp

has anyone expierienced a similar issue?

thx in advance
greetings

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Is your installation fully patched, and have you pushed those patches out to the remote servers (if any)?
Any specific errors being experienced in either the job, your Alerts tab, or in Event Viewer?

Laters!

untony
Level 2
hi thx 4 response :)

yes media server is fully patched and i removed bexec agent and installed it again after patching media server...

the job only says a "communications error has occured" when the agent crashes. i have memdumps and a debug log of the agent, and i see on the exchange server the .NET Runtime Error when the agent dies...

i opened a support case for this in the meantime.... i hope symantec support can help :( but i dont know how fast they are....

on the exchange server where the crashing agent runs, there were a full bexec installation (eval) which i removed like Symantec says on their best practice whitepaper (regkeys removal hkeylocalmachin\software\symantec and currentuser\software\symantec)

CraigV
Mmm...have you considered uninstalling the agent, and then pushing it out again? Maybe look into removing the license for Exchange (I have seen this resolve 2 issues I had on my side when backing up Exchange...although restoring wasn't affected.).

untony
Level 2

i uninstalled agent and pushed again today and a few days ago (after all updates), i will try to remove license on media server but i think its an agent issue, wondering about the Runtime Error of dotNet (yes its installed as a feature on win2008 r2 exchange)

hope symantec support gives me a callback soon...

CraigV
...otherwise escalate the call. Tell them it is now critical to sort out.