Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Backup issue with Backup exec 11d

Tonyn
Level 2
Hi Guys,

Backround using Windows server 2003, Exchange 2003 sp2
Recently when doing backups with Symantec Backup Exec 11d receiving an error message stating
Error, Unable to open Microsoft Information Store\FirstStorage Group because it is currently being backed up by another process.I am not backing up the databases at the file level, also exchange logs are no longer being flushed. I tried to do a NT backup of the infostore that also failed with this error message.The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned froman ESE function call (d).' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d).' from a call to'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'
I am thinking the databases are corrupt has anyone have any ideas on how to get around this problem, any help greatly appreaciated Backup exec Has all the lateset hot fixes applied Thanks,Tony
1 REPLY 1

Symantec_Empl1
Level 4
Hello Tony,

Thank you for selecting to use Symantec's online forums.

If neither Backup Exec nor NT Backup can backup the Information Store, then you should research this further Microsoft.

I did some intial research for you and found an article, 840013, which has some information based on the follow string:
call to 'HrESEBackupRead()'

Once you are able to perform an Information Store backup with NT Backup, then Backup Exec should also operate correctly.