cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 SP1 Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516)

Rob_Hug
Level 2
I have a new Exchange 2007 SP1 server Std.  Server is configured to have 5 storage groups, each group has one database.  Storage groups are broken up so my logs are separate as well as so I can separate out the executives, managers, etc from the average users.  The backup Exec 11d that backs this up is patched through live update as of today.  When I tell it to backup my server it happily backs up the first three storage groups and databases, flushes logs and moves on.  The last two fail with this message:

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: M...Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on...Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: M...Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on...Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.- When I tell it to just backup these two, I get the same message.  NTBackup on theserver can back them up without issue.  
- I get the same results with AOFO on or off
- The VSS Rollup Patch files are OLDER then what is currently installed on my server. They install versions 5.2.3790.3002, mine are 5.2.3790.3959
- Server = Windows 2003 R2 x64 SP2 fully patched
- Exchange SP1 Fully patched
- Databases that will not backup:
\\servername\Microsoft Information Store\Users First Name A-M Storage Group|*.*/SUBDIR
- Database that will backup
\\servername\Microsoft Information Store\Executives Storage Group|*.* /SUBDIR
Not sure what to do. I somewhat wonder if the '-' in the storage group name is killing it.  At this point I am backing up with MS backup and having Backupexec grab that file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-Rob

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Hug
Level 2
It says to check the event viewer.  That has this error in it:

Event id: 34113

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed

(Server: "MXLHQ-BACKUP") (Job: "Backup 00006") Backup 00006 -- The job failed with the following error: Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

For more information, click the following link:

http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

EDI-0ne
Not applicable
I'm having this same issue! If you don't mind, I'll watch for the reply. Thanks for posting this.

Jipi
Level 2
I have the same problem. Even if I uncheck "Use advanced open file " it give the same message....
Thank for your help.

Rob_Hug
Level 2
Mine seems to have fixed itself without reason.  Windows Server updates applied, no Backup Exec updates applied.  Can't seem to see what the difference is but it is backing up all five databases now.