cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 requirements

Chrisb2011
Level 3

Could someone please help clarify what I need to backup Exchange 2010.

I have Backup Exec 2010 R3 running nicely on a Windows 2008 R2 server which currently backs up my Exchange 2003 environement.

I will be installing Exchange 2010 shortly and would like to know what I need to install on the server to backup the new mail server.

I read somewhere that I need to install the Exchange Managment tools on the Backup Exec server. Do I need to install anything else?

Do I need the Exchange Server MAPI Client and CDo objects installing on the backup server or the exchange 2010 server?

Anything else I need to install?

Many Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

1. The media server MUST be x64 bit with Exchange mangment tools installed (No mapi client any more)
2. The RAWS needs to be installed on all DAG nodes. (ignore this for single server exch 2010)
3. The account that Backup Exec attaches with must be an Domain Administrator and local admin on exch server.
4. Needs Exchange Organization Admin group membership.  
( http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126587 )
5. For GRT to work, the account must have a mailbox assiciated with it.
6. The mailbox needs to be active, and cannot be hidden.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

1. The media server MUST be x64 bit with Exchange mangment tools installed (No mapi client any more)
2. The RAWS needs to be installed on all DAG nodes. (ignore this for single server exch 2010)
3. The account that Backup Exec attaches with must be an Domain Administrator and local admin on exch server.
4. Needs Exchange Organization Admin group membership.  
( http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126587 )
5. For GRT to work, the account must have a mailbox assiciated with it.
6. The mailbox needs to be active, and cannot be hidden.

Chrisb2011
Level 3

Great thank you!

So no need to install the CDO or MAPI client

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Yes no need to install CDO or MAPI client with Exch 2010