cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Agent with Backup 2010

jwc1972
Level 5

Hello

Just installed Backup exec 2010 with Exchange agent (440 pounds) On running the backup I recived this on the job  LOG

e following backup sets contain Microsoft Exchange data. Due to the integration between Exchange and Active Directory Symantec recommends that you install and use the Active Directory Recovery Agent to better manage your Microsoft Exchange data:
    \\exchange\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group

Do I need to purchase another agent? On Backup I Have

Backup Method full - Database * logs (flush committed logs)

Tick in Use backup exec Granula Revovery Tewch (grt)

Tick in Perform consistency check before backup

Tick in continie with backup if consistency fails

then Let backup exec auto choose the best copy to back up

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The recommendation for ADRA is because you would need ADRA to restore individual AD objects like userids.  Suppose you need to retrieve some mails from the mailbox of an employee who has left the company and his userid deleted.  Without ADRA, you would need to do an authoritative restore of of your AD to get back his userid so that you can restore his mailbox.  With ADRA, you can just restore his userid without having to restore the entire AD, thus making your job easier.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Its a recommendation alert which you can ignore...

It recommends to use the AD agent for GRT restore of the AD...So recommendation is that if you are using GRT for Exchange restore, you can also use GRT restore for AD using this agent...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The recommendation for ADRA is because you would need ADRA to restore individual AD objects like userids.  Suppose you need to retrieve some mails from the mailbox of an employee who has left the company and his userid deleted.  Without ADRA, you would need to do an authoritative restore of of your AD to get back his userid so that you can restore his mailbox.  With ADRA, you can just restore his userid without having to restore the entire AD, thus making your job easier.