cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailboxes access deniedt after MS update KB925902 install

Ron_S
Level 3
I was asked to help a church after they got tired of failed backups. I've worked with BE some before but not with Exchange. They have Server 2000, Exchange 2000 Server and Backup Exec 8.6. What I've found is everything can be backed up except the Exchange mailboxes. The failures began on 4 Apr when MS update KB925902 was installed. NOTHING ELSE was changed. The error message is "access denied". From what I can tell the administrator is a member of the correct groups and has "read" permission to the mailboxes. Looking through the forums this MS update and another one about this time broke the BE backups. Their BE backups had worked for several years without problems until this.

thanks in advance

ron
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
KB925902 is a Vista specific patch  see

Try uninstalling it from your Server

(I wonder how you got it installed in the first place?)

Ron_S
Level 3
Unless I'm reading wrong
 MS07-017: Vulnerability in GDI applies to Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, when used with:  Microsoft Windows 2000 Server.

How it was installed is they have automatic updates turned on. They were not aware that an update had been installed just that their backups quit working.
It appears to me that permissions to the Exchange mailboxes for BE or the adminstrator have been altered.

ron

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Ok, neeed to read the TechNotes a little closer.  There are  different 925902 for different OSes all pointing back to  Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-017

If you logon as the BackupExec service account and open Outlook, can you still access other MailBoxes that way?