cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange and SQL Server Agent

Dave_Palmer
Not applicable
I'm having major difficulty in trying to add the Exchange and SQL agents to my Exchange server and my SQL servers. I've added them to my BE server by entering the license numbers locally, so they appear in the list, but when I try to install them on the selected servers, the options for Exchange and SQL do not appear and it is only offering the Remote agent option and "advanced open file Option".

I've read much of the literatiure on this & have to the best of my knowledge followed it correctly, please can you help!!
2 REPLIES 2

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since you have added the license numbers on the BE server please do a silent instalation of the remote agent with the help of the technote below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265736

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Cheri-Chanel_Lo
Level 3
I upgraded my Backup Exec 9.1 to 10.0 almost a month ago and the exact same problem.

The recommended solution regarding this subject is incorrect. It only applies to the remote agent not to the Exchange or SQL agents.

Has a successful resolution been obtained, if so could you please share with me?

Much appreciation.
-Cheri