cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange incremental backups failing with error "0xe000035e

howithink
Level 3

When performing Incremental exchange backup, i am getting the following error:

Exchange incremental backups failing with error "0xe000035e - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full backup of this database.".

Now when i research this, i am told that the two backups (full and incremental) server names might be different. But they way i have setup exchange backups is through a backup exec policy with 2 templates and both using one job selection.

Then how can the names be different? In anycase, i keep getting this error message when performing incremental backup of exchange. Please help!

FYI:

Full backup using same job selection working great!

thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

howithink
Level 3

thanks for the reply, but as stated already, i only have one job selection and it is used by 2 different policies. So it cannot be this. 

Problem still remains.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer this TN http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124338

As you already using the same selectionlist, you can try recreating it.

Regards.....

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

2 different policies?

Why can't you create a single policy with FULL and Incremental backup templates? 

Regards...

howithink
Level 3

Kiran, i am sorry, that is what i meant to say. I have one policy with 2 templates. One for Full and the other for Incremental. Both use one job selection. The full compleated successfully, but incremental keeps failing.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you already seen this? 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH141370

Thanks....

howithink
Level 3

I had not seen that article. The article states that the vss for  "Exchange replica writer" may have failed and when i run vssadmin list writers, i do not see Exchange replica writer listed.

I will set the option to backup from active copy. This will stop or pause my exchange? That is what i am afraid of.

thanks

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This will stop or pause my exchange?

No, it will not.