cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange restore licence

Sam_Schinkel
Level 3

Hello,

We use Backup Exec 2010. For the tapes we use a hp storageworks 1 8 g2 tape autoloader. 

My questing is about restoring from Exchange.

At this thime, if a user delete important mail, i have to do a restore of the whole store, and if i did that, i can restore, a mailbox, or contactpersons. 

Does Backup Exec 2010 have a licence of module that gives me the opportunity to restore a single mailbox, contactperson, of even a singel e-mail straight from the tape?

Thanks.

Sam

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, you will have to purchase the Backup Exec Exchange agant to be able to backup and restore mailboxes or individual items.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

From GRT enabled backups you can restore individual items. For Exchange agent GRT will be enabled by default.

If from tape, BE will copy total backup set to a temporary staging location on disk and then restores individual item from there.

After completing restoration, BE will delete the backup set from staging location.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...just inform users that the temporary staging location is C:\Temp, and it needs the same amount of space as the size of the Information Store.

You can also change that location if you need too...