cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude last day of month, from backup schedule in BE12

_o2
Level 3

Hi.

I couldn't find any information about the above issue anywhere, I saw a few posts about it in the be10 forums but I kinda hoped that I wouldn't have to manually exclude every last day of the month from my daily/weekly backup jobs.

- Is there any way to exclude the last day of the month from my daily/weekly jobs automaticly?

Best regards,

Andreas

5 REPLIES 5

Kevster
Level 2

If you open up backup exec 12, then edit the current job. Go to schedule, then edit Schedule details. Under Calendar Schedule, select Recurring Days of the Month and there is a tick box in the bottom rick saying Last "Day".

Hope this helps.

_o2
Level 3

Thanks for the reply, however my question was how to exclude those specific days from the rest of my backup jobs. Sorry if my post was unclear.

Cheers.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

I don't think there is a way to automatically exclude the last day of the month, other than adding manual exclusions.

Are you wanting to exclude it because on that day you do another backup instead? If so, you could put the two backups in a policy, and add a rule so that if the two backup times clash, the monthly backup takes priority over the daily backup.

_o2
Level 3

Ok, thank you. I'll check the policies.

Cheers!

_o2
Level 3

I want to exclude it because the last day of every month i run a full monthly backup, this job collides with my other jobs (depending on day).

I've played around with the policies as suggested but this only complicate things, because I run incremental backups on some resources and full on others, The policy create jobs for both incremental and full backups and I can't remove the unwanted jobs because they're created by policy. Perhaps I can solve the issue with priorities, High for monthly, medium for weekly and low for daily, but it doesn't feel solid :/. I'll hope for a patch from Symantec (why isn't this function already included?!) or the time and motivation to create a very long exclusion list :).

Cheers.