cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exec will not follow mount points, junction points, and symbolic links when the Simplified Disaster Recovery indicator is ON.

cjsit960
Level 2
Partner

This is version Backup exec 2012 does anybody know where i can shut this off.

Simplified Disaster Recovery indicator is ON I want this OFF so my backup works

Job ended: Friday, June 08, 2012 at 11:00:03 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000810c - Physical Volume Library Drive not available.
Final error category: Backup Device Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33036

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Edit Backup job - Edit backup selections - Right-Click on the "Simplified Disaster Recevery: ON" indicator and select "Disable disaster revocery from backupse created by this job"

Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR) enables you to quickly and efficiently recover Windows computers after a hard drive failure. The SDR wizards guide you in preparing for disaster recovery and in recovering a local or remote computer to its pre-disaster state. I recommend you keep it ON.

cjsit960
Level 2
Partner

Thank  you -   No Luck - 

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

No Luck for?

Turning off SDR ?

or

Successful backup?

marcusolini
Level 5
Employee

Hi. From the failure excerpt originally provided, this appears to be a Storage Device issue that is not related to the SDR backup settings.  As previously stated, it is recommend to leave SDR backup enabled.  When able, please review the Storage devices and provide more diagnostics and details for review so we can better assist.  Thank you.

Marco_Tafur_-_Q
Level 4

Hi,

I get those whenever the Storage assigned for BE goes offline (i.e. a NAS). Marcusolini is right...you should check your storage devices because the error is related to it.