cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export all jobs

ChrisWC
Level 3
I have read through the bemcmd.exe admin guide and it looks like it is possible to export details of backup jobs to text files, but is it possible to export jobs in such a way that they are able to be imported back into Backup Exec?

What I am basically after is a way to take the jobs we have now and turn them into scripts so that rebuilding our Backup Exec server, when necessary, becomes a trivial matter.  I would normally just write the scripts myself, but we have a significant amount of backup jobs that run and it would take a considerable amount of time to create them all by hand.  If this can be scripted in any way -- that is preferrable.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

As long as you are talking about Disaster Recovery of your media server, are you aware the by default at 0400 every morning, BackupExec creates a backup it the database called BEDE.BAK

if you need to rebuild the media server, re-install the software, then rub BEUTIL and select restore database from a file, and every thing should be back he way it was

Also see http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319367.htm

the title is "Moving BackupExec..." but it gives you a good idea what would be entained to recover a media server