cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Restoring data from tape. (V79-57344-33031)

LouisB
Level 2

Hi.

I use BackupExec 2012 V14.0 Rev.1798.

Making a restore-job, restore-items selected but there is no storage-item to select: What job name[,storage] and schedule do you want to use?

After running job, it failed with V79-57344-33031 - Unable to acquire device for specified pool and media.

Note: in the past the tapedrive has been replaced and BE has it automaticly assigned a new name.

After the failed restore-job I have cataloged the tapes with success, but making a new restore-job there is still no storage-item to select.

Why?

Thanks for helping.

LouisB.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This can happen if the date range is incorrect, so check that and try again.
Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have seen such an issue which usually occurs when the tape drive has been replaced. A KB outlining this issue is http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH208786

Would recommend to install SP4 and recheck.

LouisB
Level 2

Sorry for the wait, but the health of my 89 year old father is severely deteriorated and family comes first...

Range incorrect? What range? When selecting files with the Restore Wizard, the only "range" to select, is in the screen " What files and folders...". And there I select that file(s) to restore.

In all the next screens ther is no range what i can select or enter.

In the final Restore Summary there is Selections, Location to restore to, File integrity, OS features, Additional tasks (not selectected) en Job name and schedule. No Source (Location) or something like that.