cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed server logs...

Ryan_Priest_2
Not applicable
I am using BE 9.1 on Windows 2000 Server. Sometimes, a backup job will fail and any server after the failure (did not get backed up) will not show up in the job log. I have to manually compare the job log and job history of the failed job, the backup selections in the job setup and the restore selections in a restore job so that I can create a temp backup job to finish the backup job that failed.

Is there a report or log that I can run that will show me the fails that the job log does not?

Thanks,
Ryan
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Verify if you are getting any alerts.Also check the event logs to get the related errors.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What is the reason for the FAILED status?

If it concerns access tights, or a file not found, the following servers/shares should backup OK.

If on the other hand, the problem points to a hardware error on the drive, the rest of the job may be canceled

As a work around, you could set up individual jobs for each server/resource and schedule them every 10 minutes, or release one from the next by using BEMCMD

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What is the reason for the FAILED status?

If it concerns access rights, or a file not found, the following servers/shares should backup OK.

If on the other hand, the problem points to a hardware error on the drive, the rest of the job may be canceled

As a work around, you could set up individual jobs for each server/resource and schedule them every 10 minutes, or release one from the previous by using BEMCMD