cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False "Unable to attach to this resource" error

Chris_Gerrard
Level 4
Hello,

A few of our servers have recently started generating the following error on every backup (both incremental and full)...

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER1". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Unable to attach to this resource. Make sure that this resource exists, and then try again.

This leads me to believe the servers procuding this error have not been backed-up.... but if I try to create a new restore job I am able to find an entry for the server with the appropriate details as if it has been successful.

Is the entry in the restore job false? Or is the error above misleading? How can I prevent the error from occuring?

The servers in question are in a separate domain to our server running Backup Exec. The remote agents are alive and well. I can ping the servers from our Backup Exec server.

Thanks and regards,
Chris G
3 REPLIES 3

Chris_Gerrard
Level 4
Bump.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Chris,

Does the problem still persist? If yes, revert with following details:

- Since when does the error occur?
- What is the error code in the final job status in the job log?
- Are you using AOFO for the backup? What are you backing up in this job?

Refer to the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Chris_Gerrard
Level 4
Hello and thankyou for your reply.

- At the time I logged this question... the error had only been occuring for a couple of weeks. I do not recall anything out of the ordinary occuring to the server just prior to the error.

- This error stems from the AOFO option selected. The failing job has "Automatically select OFO technology". If I select "Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service - Automatic" it completes without error.

- The servers I am backing up have the usual things running on them... IS, SQL etc.