cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourite Resources not appearing at all

ultan
Level 4

I cannot see nor can I add any favourite resources clients in on the media server browser. When I try and add one a window pops up saying that I have been succesfull in adding but nothing gets added....
Would this be a firewall issue? I have checked that the clients get published to a media server.

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi ultan,

The tech article below will show you how to change the default ports:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255174.htm

Are you able to do an nslookup from the media server to the remote server, and vice versa?

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Please try adding the fqdn in there and see if it shows it. Also make sure from the selection list you are able to browse the servers.

ultan
Level 4
nslookup works on both media server and client. I can browse the servers from the domains but not favourite resources. How you mean browse from the selection list?
I enabled the dynamic port range on the media server but no luck there either.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Favorite Resources are usuaully populated by configureing the publishing and advertisng correctly on your remote agent servers - try running vxmon.exe on your remote servers to confirm that this is configured to publish to your media server.

ultan
Level 4
Yes it is published to the fqdn of the server, the IP address of the server and the hostname of the server every 1 minute..

Starting to draw blanks now

CraigV
...and you have run all your patches on BE 2010?

CraigV

Any news here...?