cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found...

Eric_Deschenes
Level 2
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

I'm running Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 Service Pack 5 on the Backup Server and Remote Agents.

Since I've upgrade my 2 SQL 2005 Servers to Service Pack 2, I've been getting the above
error in my backup. I'm also experiencing the same problem with the ISA Server I upgraded from 2004 to 2006.

I have the remote agent installed on many servers and they are still working fine right now, it's just those 3 mentioned above. There must be a conflict with the remote agent and SQL 2005 SP2 and ISA 2006.

Anybody?
11 REPLIES 11

Eric_Deschenes
Level 2
I guess I'm not the only one with the problems judging by some other posts.

Anybody know if this problems is present in the newer version of Backup Exec (10d, 11d)?

Rob_Miller
Level 2
We are getting this same error as well now.   We upgraded to SQL 2005 SP2 and it started on this SBS 2003 box.  The odd thing is we can backup the system state, or a database, or exchange.  We just can not backup the C:\ or the D:\ without getting this error.

This has been killing me.

SBS 2003 SP2. 
Backup Exec 10.0 SP5.

Message Edited by Rob Miller on 03-28-200702:11 PM

Mince69Meat
Level 2
Have the same problem, don't have SQL 2005 installed but do have SP2 for SBS 2003 installed and I am thinking its somthing to do with SP2

can backup anything except hard drives

SBS 2003 SP2. 
Backup Exec 10.0 SP5.

Mick

Message Edited by Mince69Meat on 03-30-200701:15 AM

Mince69Meat
Level 2
Updated 10.0 to 10d and it solved 0xe00084af backing up hard drives

:)

going to do all the updates now and hope this does not cause anything else to mess up

Mick

paddyryan
Level 2
So the only solution to this same problem I have of not being able to backup C or D drives or folders seems to be what mince69meat has done, i.e. upgrade to version 10.1 (10d). ?? Has anyone else had success with this solution? I am not able to back up the drives and do NOT have AOFO selected anyway.

Question... when upgrading from 10.0 to 10d since it is a free upgrade, does one need to uninstall the original version either before or after or is it just upgraded in place? Then, do all the workstations and servers need to have the beremote reisntalled again? 
thanks
Paddy

Jim_Taylor_2
Not applicable
(not the best alternative workaround, but works in my setup)

I had the exact same problem, and lucky for us we were unable to get our software working with SQL2005, so we were not using it at all.  I stopped all the SQL services on the problem remote server and that worked.  this could be an option for some as opposed to moving to 10.d

paddyryan,
i tried everything that i knew how as far as the settings on the backup exec.  i am thinking that you will have to move to 10.d or 11.0 since my SQL "fix" is not an option for you.

Andrew_Twist
Level 2
We are having the exact same error.

Damar_Software_
Level 2
Anyone know where i can download the 10.0 to 10d upgrade from? i have looked in the support section but am unable to find the update, can anyone provide me with a download location for the free upgrade?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Mark_Howman
Not applicable
I am having this same issue - and it is also driving me nuts.
Has anyone got version 10.d to work, without any side affects, and correct this?
We are running 10.0 SP5, and am not sure if I can upgrade to 10.d?
Any help appreciated!

oOEggmanOo
Not applicable
Smiley SadGuys we were having this same problem for over 3 weeks without finding a fix, and then i found this thread....Smiley Very Happy  I decided to have a look at our server as i couldn't remember installing SQL on to the server which wouldn't backup and found a service called "SQL Server VSS Writer".  As i said i didn't remember installing SQL on to this server so i had a look and found this is actually packaged with Windows Server 2003 (which is the OS on the server in question).  The up shot of this whole story is, i stopped this service and was able to backup the Drives withour having to upgrade to 10dor cause any detrimental effects to services on the server.

An odd thing is, this server was working fine up until about 3 to 4 weeks ago and i know none of our guys installed the service or anything else on this server, so why the sudden problem, i'm thinking along the lines of a Microsoft Auto Update or something, but hey not bovvered it now works.

And there was much rejoicing..Smiley Very Happy 

Many thanks to you guys for discovering it was something to do with SQL.

Message Edited by oOEggmanOo on 07-09-200703:41 AM