cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Final error: 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.

andreykx
Level 3

hello,

I spent month trying fix this problem..no success :)

I have backup server & file server. Both are located in same LAN, no any firewall between.

Using Windows Server 2003 .

On backup server it's Backup Exec 12.5 rev.2213

About month ago I was needed restart file server... After this, backup started failing with such kind of errors:

Job ended: Friday, March 11, 2011 at 1:51:52 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34040

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\S: 
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

Verify- \\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\S: Data
Unexpected end of backup set encountered on IBM 1.
V-79-57344-34004 - End of data set was unexpectedly encountered.

Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\S: 
V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all ...
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\U:". Advanced Open File Optio...
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\Shadow?Copy?Components". Adva...
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\System?State". Advanced Open ...

or  like this :

Job ended: Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 12:54:28 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65072

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\D: 

Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\D: 
V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all ...
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\S:". Advanced Open File Optio...
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\U:". Advanced Open File Optio...
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\Shadow?Copy?Components". Adva...
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\rumoscow015p.GLOBAL.ECOLAB.CORP\System?State". Advanced Open ...

1. It's no any firewall between Servers (it's SEP11 on both, but without Firewall modules - only Antivirus ones)

2.Checkdisk/defragmentation  on servers HDDs was done - not helped  (don't know what for to do it in case it's RAID 5)

3. remote agent re-installed, same versions on both servers...

any more ideas ?  PLS HELPPPPPPP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andreykx
Level 3

after removing AOF option, the job finished OK...

Is it normall ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you made sure that SEP isn't causing issues there? I had a very similar situation a few months back, and it ended up being McAfee that was blocking access to the server's system state. Not EVERY server...just which ever server on random sites McAfee AV decided to block.

This was sorted out by making a change to the way McAfee ran its live scans...

andreykx
Level 3

hmm..

Don't think SEP11 cause this problem...

But taking into account that both are Symantec products ;)) haha...may be...

Anyway, it's no Proactive threat protection module or Network theat protection modules are installed on servers.. Only antivirus / Spywere module.

Also, I have checked SEP logs on server - there were no any SEP activity on server  (liveupdate, scaning, etc) when  this Backup error occured..

Of course, I can try disable SEP on server for testing...but I don't think it will help..

Today I have disabled AFO option on all backup tasks...may be this will help...

Will report :)

andreykx
Level 3

after removing AOF option, the job finished OK...

Is it normall ?