Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full/incremental backup of local server fails with error

KJE
Level 2

Backup Exec 12 sp1 on Windows server 2003 sp2

Weekly Incremental backup of local drives fails with this error:

Backup 00015 -- The job failed with the following error: Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.

Final error: 0xe0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.
Final error category: Other Errors

I've reinstalled licence keys as described in the support document and recreated the job several times, but it won't run. My daily backup of the same drives with fewer folders does work. Both jobs are backing up to a the same local disk, not anywhere remote.

The error in the log is:

Backup
License Violation
A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required for protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
Please contact your vendor for information on protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
A selection on device d: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

2 REPLIES 2

benjamin_jun
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

Have you changed your account name or password?

Not exactily. I think backup exec account can't access to backup drive.

This error usually occurs when you change your account or password.

Have a great day.

KJE
Level 2
No, this is a DC - using domain admin password for BE (I didn't set it up). Finally solved it by importing the selection list for drives C and D from the daily backup (which appear to be exactly the same) and adding additonal drives manually. Now it works. Can't see any difference at all between the old selection list and the new one, but that's BE for you...