cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full year job log

MW009
Not applicable

Hello,

I need to get a job log/report for the full year (1/1/2013 up to today) for an upcoming audit.  I can't seem to find anything in the REPORT area where I can select the time period.  Is there a way to create such a report?  I'm thinking the date the job ran and whether it was successful or failed is what I would need minimally in the job log/report.

I use Backup EXEC 11D and 12.5 so hopefully both can run such a report.

Thank you very much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is only good for the future, but not the past year which is what the user wants.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to create a custom report.

Vishal_Shinde
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

The information required by you is possible to be retrieved by multiple ways, such as audit log, reports etc.

To configure the audit log

1. On the Tools menu, click Audit Log.
  2. Click Configure Logging.
  3. On the Audit Log Configuration dialog box, select the check box of the category that you want to display in the audit log.

Expand the category by clicking the plus sign to the left of the category. Select the operations that you want to display for the category.

(you need to pick your specific requirements)

Clear the check box of any item or operation that you do not want to display.

1. Click OK.

Additionally, there are reports (pre-configured) in the reports tab Such as, Backup Job Success Rate, Backup Resource Success Rate

Etc.

There are about 45 inbuilt reports for 11d, and more for 12.5 and certainly covers your requirements.

You may find the information about reports on page 604 (Admin Guide, page 604)

You may also create a custom reports, picking exactly what is required.

Please find the information on page 584 of Admin guide for 11d on creating a custom report.

Regards,

S

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to Tools ---> Options ---> Database Maintenance and check how long is the job history kept.  By default, job history is kept for 90 days before they are purged from the BEDB.  If you did not change this default, then you would not be able to go back beyond 90 days, even with a custom report because the job history would be not available.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is only good for the future, but not the past year which is what the user wants.