cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT causes backup to fail with Final error: 0xe00002fe - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again.

CSL
Level 2
Hello All

I was wondering if anyone else had come across this error before in this particular situation.  Previously the backup has had no errors running GRT.  We encountered an error where BE failed to query the writer status (VSS Writer).  This cleared itself up after restarting the BE services.  However, since then the following error has been present.

Final error: 0xe00002fe - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again.

We have tested the credentials and there was no problem.  Also changed the resource order, de-selected and re-selected all required backup selections, and still this error occurs.

However, we have turned off GRT and now the backup works fine. 

Does anyone have any thoughts?
12 REPLIES 12

SummitMIS
Level 3
We have the same problem. It does work, then fails, then does again, then fails again.
Completly random. I have been finding posts all across the internet of people with the same problem, with very little help or solutions that work. There is obviously a flaw in the software that needs to be patched but no one seems to want to admit it.

CSL
Level 2

Have you posted on this forum as well regarding this issue?

SummitMIS
Level 3

Have you posted on this forum as well regarding this issue?

Yes, but it says "not approved" and does not show up anywhere.
I have called and can't get any help, I have tried e-mail and just get a response that BackupExec 12.5 is no longer supported via e-mail? WTF is up with that?
We purchased a support contract and it's impossible to get any support!. I am REALLY an unhappy customer at the moment. There are posts on Experts Exchange with the same issue, posts here, posts all over the net with people having the same problem, and no one from Symantec offering any real solutions. I have 10's of thousands of dollars worth of thier products that I can't use, and what I can use, does not work.
At this popint I would settile for a refund so I can purchase another product without blowing my budget.

CSL
Level 2
Bump

JonesUK
Level 3
BUMP

JonesUK
Level 3
If you try to do a backup to disk, instead of tape, does it work?

Works for me.

CSL
Level 2

Hello jones,

Yes we have tried backup to disk with GRT enabled and it was successful. 

Regards

CSL

JonesUK
Level 3
Bump.....

JonesUK
Level 3
Therefore, surely this has to be a bug.....?

This used to work for us, but suddenly stopped working for some reason. But we can still backup to disk without an issue.......

If this was a configuration problem with exchange, you would expect it still to fail when backing up to disk.

There doesn't seem to be any fix or work around for this issue. Other than changing the selection order so that the exchange backup is first, however this doesn't work for us either.....

Big_D
Not applicable
I have the exact same error and cannot seem to find a fix! :(

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified
Is this backup of exchange 2007?

Paldrion
Level 3
Even though the Mailbox backup works and the mailboxes are getting backed up, on the job log it still says:

"V-79-57344-757 - Cannot back up one or more properties for one or more mail messages. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again."

several times.  This is recorded as a failure error flagging the backups as failed status.  It is setting our backup monitoring staff into bonker states of mind as customers call and say why their backups are failing.  We try to explain that the backups are actually working, but then they say, why does it say "failed."

Since the job message says it failed, we have to manually log into and look at all these backups every day to manually check to make sure they did in fact succeed.  This is adding a lot to their work.

Currently we are doing 3 times as much work for Backup Exec Backups due to this one error than we really need to do.

We need this resolved.