cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-757 - Cannot back up one or more properties for one or more mail messages. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again.

Snusmumriken
Level 2
Hi there,

I am getting the below error messages even though I am using a self-created user called symbackup. I am running Backup Exec 12.5 on Windows Server 2008 backing up a Exchange 2007 server.

V-79-57344-757 - Cannot back up one or more properties for one or more mail messages. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you double-checked the credentials? You can run the credential check on your backup job to see if it authenticates successfully.
The only thing I found on your error above was:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/300903.htm

This only refers to Backup Exec 12.0 and Advanced Open File Option, so if you don't come right, consider calling Symantec support unfortunately.
Symantec don't recommend you using AOFO when backing up Exchange.

Snusmumriken
Level 2
The credential test runs complete fine. Any other ideas?

Paldrion
Level 3

Even though the Mailbox backup works and the mailboxes are getting backed up, on the job log it still says:

"V-79-57344-757 - Cannot back up one or more properties for one or more mail messages. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again."

several times.  This is recorded as a failure error flagging the backups as failed status.  It is setting our backup monitoring staff into bonker states of mind as customers call and say why their backups are failing.  We try to explain that the backups are actually working, but then they say, why does it say "failed."

Since the job message says it failed, we have to manually log into and look at all these backups every day to manually check to make sure they did in fact succeed.  This is adding a lot to their work.

Currently we are doing 3 times as much work for Backup Exec Backups due to this one error than we really need to do.

We need this resolved.