cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Backup Exec Server Service logging event id 7022 on Boot Only....

BlackShark
Level 2
Hi all,

Please anyone help, I've tried almost everything apart from suicide.
We have an instance of Backup Exec 11d 7170 sp5 (With exchange agent) running on a dedicated HP Proliant server (Windows server std 2003 x86) with a HP LTO3 drive connected directly to it, and the problem we have been facing, for sometime is; that when we reboot the server the Backup-exec Server Service fails to start and logs event in event viewer has message of event id 7022, Backup-exec server service hung on starting, with its dependent services also failing.
Once the server is on-line I can log in and manually restart all services with no issues. 
I have googled the problem and tried all relevant workarounds including the one setting default email client in Internet Options posted by Symantec, and repair/reinstall of .net 2.0, none of these resolutions work for us.
We are completely mystified with this issue, and hope someone can help shed some light on this issue.
I look forward to a response,
Many Thanks in advance.
Regards

BlackShark
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

This issue may occur if the Spooler service tries to start before the Server service. This issue may occur if you installed either the Lexmark International Markvision (LexBce) service or the Hewlett-Packard JetAdmin port monitoring software on your computer.

To resolve this issue, edit the registry to make the Spooler service dependent on the Server service. If you do so, the Spooler service does not start until the Server service is running.

To create this dependency:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. In the Open box, type regedt32, and then click OK.
  3. Locate and click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler
  4. Click Add Value on the Edit menu.
  5. Type DependOnService in the Value Name box.
  6. Click REG_MULTI_SZ in the Data Type box, and then click OK.
  7. Type LanmanServer in the Data box, and then click OK.
  8. Click Exit on the Registry menu to quit Registry Editor.
  9. Restart your computer.
Hope this helps...

BlackShark
Level 2
Hi Dev,

Many thanks for your prompt response, I implemented the workaround you suggested, however unfortunalely for us the problem still persists.
If you have any further suggestions they are more than welcome, also if there is anymore infomation that I can provide please let me know.
This server's purpose is only backup, so really does not have any other software besides Backup Exec 11d and the HP Diagnostics/Management software on it
I again look forward to a response.
Many Thanks
Regards
BlackShark

BlackShark
Level 2
Please help anyone please ?

BlackShark
Level 2
Hi Dev,

Do you have any further thoughts or ideas to a resoltuion to our problem, any response will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Regards
BlackShark

-------------------------

Hi Dev,

Many thanks for your prompt response, I implemented the workaround you suggested, however unfortunalely for us the problem still persists.
If you have any further suggestions they are more than welcome, also if there is anymore infomation that I can provide please let me know.
This server's purpose is only backup, so really does not have any other software besides Backup Exec 11d and the HP Diagnostics/Management software on it
I again look forward to a response.
Many Thanks
Regards
BlackShark