cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting access denied error trying to run a restore

JD44
Level 3

Hello All,

I am trying to run a restore from a July MOnth End backup that was successful.  I'm using Backup Exec version 11d, Rev 7170.  The error I'm getting after 50-150 MB processed is "Backup Exec Error V-79-57344-33928 Access Denied."

Where is the access being denied?  From the tape?  The staging area in whihc the restore writes??  I've successfully restored from these backups in the past.

Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I assume this is an Exchange restore?

I don't think the error is on the tape side, but I would start here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH61294

JD44
Level 3

Thanks for the response Larry.  Although I do have BuExec backing up my mailboxes, this is not an Exchange restore.  Just trying to restore data from a users personal folder on the shared drive.  I'll click on the link to see what it says, but tis is not an exchange/ mailbox restore.   

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Are you redirecting the restore?  trying to restore on top of some existing files?

It sounds like some sort of permissions issue, so I would suggest doing a redirected restore to a blank work area, then copy over the files using Explorer or something that might reveal more details about the permissions.