Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got errors message when recovery mail to single mail box

wlam150
Level 3

Background:

backup sw: backup exec 2010 R2

MS Exchange: Exchange 2010

A user want to recover his inbox email from backup tape, since he deleted his inbox email accidently. I got below error from backup system when i restore the email to single mail box. Please let me know how to solve the problem.

Error:

---------------------------------------

Restore started on 6/24/2013 at 4:27:08 PM.

Restore Set Detail Information
V-79-57344-65217 - An error occurred while completing the operation on \\ssl-dag01.solomonsystech.com\Microsoft Information Store\Design Dept Database
A failure occurred performing the post-restore operation.

Restore completed on 6/24/2013 at 4:32:35 PM.

Restore Set Summary
Restored 0 Exchange Server stores
8 items were skipped.
Processed 71,900 bytes in  5 minutes and  38 seconds.
Throughput rate: 0.012 MB/min

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Monday, June 24, 2013 at 4:34:08 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000ff05 - Before you can restore a Microsoft Exchange LCR, CCR, or DAG database, you must use the Exchange Management Shell to suspend replication.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65285

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Restore- \\ssl-dag01.solomonsystech.com\Microsoft Information Store\Design Dept Database SSL-MBS01V-79-57344-65217 - An error occurred while completing the operation on \\ssl-dag01.solomonsystech.com\Microsoft Information Store\Design Dept Database

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do you have the Exchange 2010 management tools installed on the Backup Exec server ?
It must be the exact same version, service packs, rollup packs as on the Exchange servers.

wlam150
Level 3

No. Why i need to install this tool on backup exec server?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Because it is part of the requirements.  See Note 3 on page 23 of the SCL below

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Software (SCL)

You would also need to suspend your replication before you do you restore.  See this error message which you got.

==============

Before you can restore a Microsoft Exchange LCR, CCR, or DAG database, you must use the Exchange Management Shell to suspend replication.

===============

wlam150
Level 3

sorry, the tool is intalled on backupexec server. Could you let me know how to suspend and resume the replication?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is not a BE question, but a Microsoft one.  However, take a look at this

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/high-availability-recovery/uncover...

wlam150
Level 3

I also got an error when I suspended the db replication. why i need to unmounted the db for individual email restoration?

Remark: i have completed to restore the mail to single mailbox in may 2013 (without unmounted db).

V-79-57344-65280 - Unable to restore the selected Microsoft Exchange databases because one or more of the storage group's databases are mounted.  Use the Exchange System Manager to dismount all the databases for the storage group 'Design Dept Database', and then retry the job.
V-79-57344-65217 - An error occurred while completing the operation on \\ssl-dag01.solomonsystech.com\Microsoft Information Store\Design Dept Database

V-79-57344-65072 - Connection to the restore target has been lost.  Operation canceled.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you certain that you have only selected a email or few emails to be restored and not the complete mailbox database?

wlam150
Level 3

yes, i want to selected a range of email (from 2012 dec to 2013 feb) to be restored to single mailbox.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You could first try to duplicate the backup set to a B2D using Duplicate job and then try to restore out of this B2D folder. Also it would be better if you work with Technical support by opening a support case.