Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide for SQL Server 2005 backup, restore, IDR

Soon_Wah_Tan
Level 3
Hi all,

Other from the Admin Guide book.
It there any guide for Backup Exec 11d to backup and restore SQL Server 2005 in Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition R2(for SMS 2003 and MOM 2005) and IDR for SQL Server.

Example for Restore SQL Database what i need to set. like Master Dabase only can do with Automate Restore, and then restore remaining Database????

Thank a lot....

Message was edited by:
RialtovMessage was edited by:
Soon Wah Tan
3 REPLIES 3

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
There are no documents outlining best practices, as this information is in the manual. Is there a specific problem you are experiencing that I can help out with?

Soon_Wah_Tan
Level 3
Hi Bradley Willadsen ,

I Tention on the restoration SQL DB, fail and fail and fail....................
This is the error code. I follow the guide list at below but can't restore sucessful.

The Automate Master Database Restore feature cannot be used on the Backup Exec SQL instance." is returned during a restore operation of a Microsoft SQL Master Database.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277584.htm under http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml?EvtID=V-79-57344-33958

Solution 1. Install an MSDE instance ( BKUPEXEC ) for the Backup Exec software.
BE v11d is using SQL Express. So what should i do?

Solution 2. Use BEUTILITY to move the database from the SQL server instance to the Backup Exec MSDE instance.
I setup BE 11d which SQL express is store on another partition(like f drive not sit same partition with sql database), Still Can't solve the problem.

Solution 3. Attempt to restore the Master database to the SQL server instance.
How to restore SQL 2000 databases using a database backup in Backup Exec 9.x( My case is SQL 2005 with Windows Server 2003 Std R2).
I still follow the solution 3 to do master database restoration, but still prompt me same error?

So any ideal on it?

Thank for answer me.

Soon_Wah_Tan
Level 3
Hi,

Any body can guide/help me?

How to is the step to backup and restore. Some restore fail b'cos it ask for transaction log?
Can the transaction log backup together with model db???

Thanks