cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hang on Backup Scan?

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
What would cause backup exec to hang on the backup scan for over 11 hours? The backups have worked fine for the past 8 days then last night it simply hung on Backup Scan and was running until I manually cancelled it. To my knowledge no systems were rebooted (especially during the backup window) and no changes have been made aside from more data being added to the network as per a regular work day.

Ideas or thoughts are appreciated since it dosent give any errors.
5 REPLIES 5

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
ideas?

Jeremy_Morton
Not applicable
Did anybody solve this one? I am getting exactly the same symptoms. Only a restart of Backup Exec services gets me out of it.

/jeremy

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
I ended up having to recreate the backup jobs. NOT the solution you want to have to contend with. I first updated with all the latest patches though before doing so.

I would suggest ensuring you have all the latest updates applied and although I know its not the answer (since it takes us about 45 minutes to recreate a job (we have over 8tb of data and hundreds of exclusions among many different jobs) it might be the only answer. The updates claimed to have fixed these issues but they have been saying that since day one. I think somewhere along the lines they actually did but I think your job needs to be recreated after the fact. We have not had this problem in a few weeks now.

BartHirst
Level 3
same exact problem here, i'll try re-creating the backup jobs

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
has a definitive fix been given for this problem yet.