Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoe to exclude 0kb files - BS 11d

BLASTMAN
Level 2
Partner
Morning all,

I'm backing up a NAS with 11d using the user definded selection list.

All is well apart from the fact that everytime BS hits a 0kb file the backup job hangs.

I've starting going through all the files and folders to remove the files in question and excluding directorys if there needed, but I'd like to find a way of telling BS to skip any file that has a size smaller than 1 (0kb)

There must be a way of doing it, but so far my googling hasn't got me very far.

Has anyone got any thoughts??

Many thanks in advance :)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi BLASTMAN,

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be. You can only exclude files changed on certain dates/not accessed in X-number of days etc.
What I would suggest is putting in an exclusion for those files if you know the folder they currently lie in. That also assumes they're in the same folder.

Laters!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Hi BLASTMAN,

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be. You can only exclude files changed on certain dates/not accessed in X-number of days etc.
What I would suggest is putting in an exclusion for those files if you know the folder they currently lie in. That also assumes they're in the same folder.

Laters!

BLASTMAN
Level 2
Partner
Hi,

thanks for the reply,

sadly thats not a real option as the next backup job will fail when a new tmp file or whatever is created.

Someone has just just suggested that i try a job without any compression. So far, I've been using hardware compression only, so I'm going to wait till the current test job completes and I'll give it a bash.

CraigV
Well, if they are *.tmp files only, then create an exclusion for *.tmp files in whatever directories/drives you're backing up.
That is easy enough...just open up your selection list, and  you will see the Include/Exclude section...

CraigV
Any news here? Has it helped at all?

CraigV
Any news here?