cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix 10 - strange behavior on missed jobs

Derek_Hill
Level 4
I installed HF 10 to address the missed jobs and now my job history just fills up with hundreds of missed jobs, 1 for every minute the job has been missed. Shouldn't it not report a missed job until the window has closed. I had a hardware failure on my tape library and needed to replace the unit, I shut down the services as the library wasn't working, when I finally replaced the unit, and restarted the services, my Job history is now filling up like crazy, I can delete all the history, have all my jobs on hold and it continues to fill up the history.

I can't keep up with the deletions. Guess there is another bug in that one.

Derek
7 REPLIES 7

Mike_Roden
Level 4
Derek, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I had originally put a job on hold and it missed a cycle. When I took the job off hold, I expected it to generate the one missed log as it always did, however, it started generating many Missed Job logs. I was ready to run the job anyway, so when I started the job manually, the missed logs stopped being generated. Mike

Derek_Hill
Level 4
That is the exact same behavior I experienced, you would think 1 message for each job missed should be enough, not 1 every minute. Good thing that a missed job won't generate an email, but it should really be an option, right now you can't even specify that.

Just venting.

Derek

Jorgen_Persson
Level 4
I got the same problem. I was looking as it was happening it when I deleted the fors missed job it stopped. The whole job scheduling is acting kinda klunky. I often have to restart the server for everything to show up correct. Often things disapear from the job list just to come back when the job is finished. Looks like HF made this worse. Although it don't push things out when editing the schedule anymore.

DanielBickford
Level 6
Employee Certified
All,
Thank you for posting the feedback, and we apologize for this glitch with the hotfix.
A patch for this is in the works and should be released shortly.
You will get a notification via LiveUpdate when the patch is released.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Daniel

Philip_Lakic
Level 4
Did hotfixes 13 & 15 fix the issue?

DanielBickford
Level 6
Employee Certified
no, this will be hotfix 16 when it's released.

Derek_Hill
Level 4
Daniel,

thanks for listening to my feedback and verifying that this is indeed an issue. I look forward to the hotfix once it is out, but my real problem is getting those exchange backups/restores working. It has been escalated to Engineering in Florida and hopefully I will be able to provide progress on that issue soon.