cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix 5629 - stable? reboots required?

Stephen_Jacobs
Level 3
I've just entered this same request THREE TIMES in Direct Assist, and every time the info was eaten up and discarded by DA. The third time, I wised up and copied it to the clipboard before hitting 'Continue'. If anyone at Veritas/Symantec is paying attention - DA really needs to fix that problem. It's infuriating.

Below is what I entered to the Direct Assist box, verbatim:
==========================================================

I've now lost my carefully typed in request twice due to Direct Assist - this system is aggravting me greatly. I shouldn't have to copy my text to the clipboard for safekeeping everytime I press a button on your support pages.
=======================================

I need to apply Hotfix 5629 to my BackupExec server in order to back up a new SQL 2005 server.

1) I see many reports in your support forums discussing instability after applying hotfix 5629 - is this something I should be worried about? Is a 'fixed' hotfix forthcoming?

2) The docs suggest I need to re-install the Remote Agent on every remote server being backed up - is this accurate?

3) Reboots - after applying the hotfix - will any servers need a reboot - the BackupExec server? the Remote SQL 2005 server? Any other Remote Agent servers?

Thanks,
Steve
1 REPLY 1

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Stephen,

To enable the SQL 2005 backups you need to install Hotfix 5629

You can refer to the following document.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280204.htm

You can refer to the following installation files.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279332.htm

After upgrading the Hotfix you need to reboot the the server and also reinstall Remote Agent and reboot the server.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.