cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix & Service Pack Install Failures

Michael_Smith
Level 2
We are running Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server 2003 and SQL Server 2000. When attempting to install Backup Exec 9.1 HF 1and/or SP3 I get the following message, "Cannot detach database BEDB because it is currently in use." The backup then fails and no install log is created. I have tried manually detaching the database before starting the updates but they still failed without explanation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike S.
5 REPLIES 5

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Is the backup failing or the install failing with the above error?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Smith
Level 2
Thank you for replying. The install is failing with this error. I am applying the service pack hope to fix frequent backup job failures of the type "failure querying the Writer status."

Mike S.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Stop the backupexec services detach the database, install the PATCH (service pack) and then attach the database then start the backupexec services.

Thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Smith
Level 2
I did this but the install was unsuccessful. The message at the end was:

Install Wizard ERROR! The wizard was interrupted before the installation could complete.

Mike S.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please check if there is an error "return value 3" in the bkupinst.log. Also please copy the relevant part of the log here.