cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can schedule a restore and repeat it weekly?

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Like a backup job this can repeat weekly, daily, monthly, etc. In this case we search the option to schedule a restore job and repeat it. The idea is restore one DB, weekly on sunday. How I can do this? I can't find it in the wizard of restore, you can only restore one time on a day and hour.

Regards,

Carlos Espinoza

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This cannot be done. Never been an automated part of BE either in any addition. I suspect there have been some Ideas around this, so check out that section.

Your only other option is to create a Restore job, and place it on hold before running it manually when you need to.

THanks!

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Automated restores CANNOT be done because you need to tell a restore what backup set to use. How do you schedule a restore for the next week when the backup set has not been created?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV

Hi,

This cannot be done. Never been an automated part of BE either in any addition. I suspect there have been some Ideas around this, so check out that section.

Your only other option is to create a Restore job, and place it on hold before running it manually when you need to.

THanks!

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you CraigV,

The option to run manually, isn't the idea, we planning to run this on sunday as I said.

Any idea to run this?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Automated restores CANNOT be done because you need to tell a restore what backup set to use. How do you schedule a restore for the next week when the backup set has not been created?

CraigV

...as I mentioned above, automated restores in BE have never been available, although plenty of people have asked for this.

You can add it in as an Idea, but I doubt that it will be done. The main issue behind this is simply that you could restore data over production data when you don't want to do this.

Thanks!

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

That's not problem I will use the same old backup to restore it. It's necessary that the DB starts as original.

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you to all guys that answered this forum.

I see a solution using the BEMCMD, I will create a restore script and put it in a bat file. Then this bat file I will run using the Task Scheduler of Windows with the frecuency that I need.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE 2012 does not use BEMCMD. It uses BEMCLI instead

Hi Carlos,

Even I am also looking for the same automated restore, can you please help me to configure the job and how the script is configured with BEMCMD,

RogRubin
Employee

The problem is as explained by CraigV and pkh, that the data you want to do the test restore from has not been backed up yet and therefore you cannot configure/specify the required value of what data to restore when it does not exist yet.

General info about BEMCLI you can get by:
- On the computer on which Backup Exec is installed, on the taskbar, click Start > All Programs > Veritas Backup Exec > Backup Exec Management Command Line Interface.
or
On the computer on which Backup Exec is installed, launch PowerShell, and then type Import-Module BEMCLI.   

Once you on the command interface type:  Show-BEHelp    and you will get a list of all commands possible.