cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Generate Job History From Tape

hafizal
Level 2

I have one problem. I want to generate report Jan 2016 but database only keep history for 2 month.

Can we get/generate  Job history(Jan 2016) from the media tape?  For info this tape no recycle/overwirten  tape, Its set "Keep Data Infinitely-Do Not Allow Overwritten"

I'm using BE 2014

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Job histories are part of the BEDB they are not held on tape unless you backed up the BEDB  (BUT you don't really want to bring back an old BEDB into a production server that has been running backup since as taking the BEDB backwards in time affects a lot of things.)

Joblogs are the BEX*.xml files in the Data folder so if you were backing this up you could get back the jobs logs (although be aware that the will have to be opened via your web browser and will not be formatted as nicely as the BE console would show them.)

If you mean the visibility of restore slections then make sure the date filter is not affecting how far back you can see and/or re-catalog the backup media

hafizal
Level 2

Thank you colin for your info and advice.

Fyi in tape i backup BEDB because the Job backup entire 'Backup Server ' include BEDB. If i apply this method what should i consider/step need to do and what affect to production if i restore old bedb to production?. Posible i restore BEDBin staging server then i copy old  BEDB to production. I'm Looking any advice

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I think I would be tempted to build a Test Server or VM with Backup Exec installed inside it (in triwalware) and then load the BEDB into that so as to not touch the production server at all.