cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I save the configuration when re-installing Backup Exec 2010?

Radio_Ron
Level 2

I have to wipe the hard drive of a Server 2008 R2 server, including the installed Backup Exec 2010 R3.  I have the install software and license keys, but is there any way to save the configuration data so that I won't have to start from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Stop the BE services and grab manual copies of the Data & Catalogs folders, found in your BE installed directory.

Once BE is reloaded, and if the server name has remained the same, stop the BE services, and rename the newly created Data & Catalogs folders (to say Data.old), and then copy your manually backed up folders to the newly installed server.

THen start up the services. If your server name changed, then the process is the same, but run bemig.exe to make the necessary database changes.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Stop the BE services and grab manual copies of the Data & Catalogs folders, found in your BE installed directory.

Once BE is reloaded, and if the server name has remained the same, stop the BE services, and rename the newly created Data & Catalogs folders (to say Data.old), and then copy your manually backed up folders to the newly installed server.

THen start up the services. If your server name changed, then the process is the same, but run bemig.exe to make the necessary database changes.

Thanks!

Radio_Ron
Level 2

Thanks Craig...I'll give that a try when we rebuild the server in about two weeks from now.