cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get command to run after entire job has completed

Jack_Pollack
Level 3
I would like a program to run after the ENTIRE job has completed. I have set the command as a Post-job command. It is running after the backup completes, but BEFORE the verify.

I need it to run after the entire job has completed. Since the verify is part of the job I would thick it should run after the verify by definition. (it is a post-job command, not a post-backup command).

Is there e a way to get my command to run after the ENTIRE job?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Yes, it is possible to run the Postjob command after the Verify process is done. For this you need to set the following registry key to 1 so that the Post job command runs after the verify job.
HKLM\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Job - Run Post Command After Verify'=1
Please refer to the following technote for more details.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263570.htm
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.

Hope this resolves your query.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Jack_Pollack
Level 3
Thanks