cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I inventory and erase tapes automatically.

Ryan_Laurie
Level 3
Hi, I'm a computer consultant and need help with Backup Exec 10d. I have a new client that needs a new backup software solution. They already had the drive and the media so I recommended trying Backup Exec 10d. I am familiar with the older versions but need help because they have 14 media tapes that were being used by a different backup program. I don't want to inventory and erase all the tapes manually and know that there is a way to do this before the backup. Could you please let me know how to automatically inventory and erase the media so I can start using your product. What command do I have to do or is it a script or a setting? Do I need to make an inventory and erase job some how? I don't understand why this isn't an easy feature built into you options menu. Other backup programs I have used have all formatted the media before running. Please help. Thanks Ryan.
1 REPLY 1

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

You can perform the automatic inventory of all the medias using bemcmd. Please refer to the following technote:

- How to create an automatic inventory job on the given slots on the specified autoloader using the Backup Exec Command Line Applet before a backup job runs

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233091.htm

Thank You,

Shweta